My research focuses on the economic impact of information technology. Some of the topics I have been exploring recently include product reviews, recommendation mechanisms and product information management.
- Manipulating Reviews in Darknet Markets to Reduce Crime – with Dimitris Xefteris, and Chris Dellarocas
- P.M. Markopoulos and K. Kosanagar, ‘A Model of Product Design and Information Disclosure Investments’, Management Science (Forthcoming).
- P.M. Markopoulos, R. Aron and L.H. Ungar, ‘Product Information Websites: Are they Good for Consumers?’, Journal of Management Information Systems (2016 33:3 pp. 624-651).
- P.M. Markopoulos and Eric Clemons “Reducing Buyers’ Uncertainty about Taste-Related Product Attributes”, Journal of Management Information Systems. ( 2013 30:2 pp. 269-299). You can download an earlier working version here. You can also find a presentation here.
- P.M. Markopoulos and R. Aron and L.H. Ungar “Information Market for Product Attributes: AGame Theoretic, Dual Pricing Mechanism”, Decision Support Systems (2010 49:2 pp. 187–199).
- E.K. Clemons and R. Spitler and B. Gu and Panos Markopoulos. Book chapter “Information, HyperDifferentiation and Delight: The Value of Being Different”, in “The Broadband Explosion”, Harvard Business School Press, Copyright 2005